NHF’s Mission is to empower parents to have healthy children free of chronic neurological health disorders
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of distinguished individuals with a diverse set of expertise.
Neurological Health Foundation (NHF) was founded in 2010 and obtained 501 (c)(3) public charity status from the IRS effective March of 2011. NHF is audited by an independent CPA firm (for the past three years – 2012, 2013 and 2014).
Dr. James Adams, Ph.D.
Dr. James Adams, Ph.D. is a father of a daughter with autism, diagnosed in 1994, and that is what led him to eventually shift much of his research emphasis to neurological illness in children, focusing on biological causes and treatments. He is currently a President’s Professor at Arizona State University, where he directs the ASU Autism/Asperger’s Research Program. Dr. Adams is a sought after speaker and researcher on the subject of preventing neurological illness in children.
Professor Adams has authored over 150 scientific articles in peer-reviewed publications, including 30 on autism.
Dr. Adams will serve as the primary point of contact for the Foundation to craft a strategy to prevent neurological illness in children and to recruit talented doctors and researchers to join in our efforts.
Autism-Related Service and Awards:
- Director and Founder, Arizona State University Autism/Asperger’s Research Program, 2000-present
- President, Autism Society of Greater Phoenix, 2000- present
- President and founder, Autism Conferences of America, 2005 – present
- Evening of Champions Award (for research and service) from national Autism Society of America, 2007
- Autism Service Award, Greater Phoenix Chapter of the Autism Society of America, 2008
- Daniel Jankowski Legacy Award 2009 for teaching, research, and service to ASU
- Board of Directors, Autism Research Institute, 2007-2009
- Co-Leader, Science Advisory Committee, Autism Research Institute, 2008 – present
- Board of Directors, Autism Society of America, 2009-2010
- President’s Professor, Arizona State University, 2010 – present
Shazi Visram is Founder, CEO and Chief Mom of Happy Family, a leading provider of organic meals and snacks for babies, toddlers and beyond, in the US and 30 countries worldwide. Considered by President Obama to be “not only an outstanding businesswoman, but also a leader that all of us can emulate.”
Shazi is a food activist who has made it her mission to create a socially-responsible business that positively impacts the health of our children, gives back to those in need all while supporting sustainable agriculture.
A 2004 graduate of the Columbia School of Business (MBA), her accomplishments have earned her the respect and admiration of her peers, including being named one of the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year and Crain’s New York Business 40 Under 40.
Shazi lives in Connecticut with her husband, Joe, their son, Zane, and dog Willy. While she considers Happy Family to be her first “baby,” motherhood is what Shazi loves the most in the world.